Saturday, May 30, 2009

I wanted to share with you my Memorial Day weekend project! I have been in the process of re-doing my daughter's room and no I am still not finished!
Last weekend I concentrated on painting the room!
I love the color that I chose! After going to Sherwin Williams, I ended up at Home Depot and in literally the first 10 minutes I found the exact match to the color in the comforter that I was looking for! Even the guys working there said that they didn't even think that they could have mixed it any better to match! I was sure scared, because, for me, nothing is ever that easy!!
I chose a Behr paint called Tea Cookie with an eggshell finish.
Again, I love it!!
I hope that you can tell that I decided to put the bed on the diagonal. And like my friend Stacey told me - it sure does take up a lot of room that way! But I will sure be leaving it that way. Every time that I walk down my hallway I get to see this beautiful bed!


Another view-

I'm showing you my double bedskirt. I love seeing it as well when I walk down the hall.
Another angle-
You can see a little of the window in this view. I'm going to have to ponder a while to figure out what I will do with it. It takes the west sun and can get pretty warm in there in the middle of summer.


I am showing you my bed because I want you to know that as much as I like this new look - I'm not done! I love pillows on a bed! So, I will be on the look out for some additional throw pillows! I have 14 pillows on my bed!


I have a collection of plates that I will be hanging on one wall! And I do love plates! I am still in the process of packing up the remnants of my little girl! I hope to have it done soon and will post the finished product!
Hugs,
Cindy

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!! Both beds look like something out of a magazine. Your perfectionist ways are obvious - it couldn't be prettier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the bedskirt peeking out from the bottom of the bed. I see you have a possessed black lab too. I did a post on our girl with her weirded out eyes. I corrected it in Picnik and she is no longer an alien dog. You pup is very sweet even with the camera eyes.

    ReplyDelete