Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Well, it has been 2 weeks now since my youngest son Kale left for basic training and I am sure missing him! This is him and his ever so sweet girlfriend Kacey at the airport just minutes before he had to leave.
Brotherly love! Kale and Nathan!
Thumbs Up - I'm sure that this is suppose to be a good thing!
Last Kiss
I have gotten 2 letters since he has been gone and I read them over and over. He has called 3 times with the last time being Friday and we only had 10 minutes. He said that he has sent a letter with his graduation date and a family weekend sometime in July. At least now I have something to look forward too and you know that Kacey and I will be at both!
2 down and 13 weeks to go! Gosh, it's going to be a long summer!
Hugs,
Cindy

5 comments:

  1. thanks for posting on my blog today about cake and dieting:). I also have a military son. I bake for soldiers in Iraq and Afganastan and Kosovo too and Korea. I belong to several card swaps for soldiers that are fun. I try to help out in any way I can to make the soldiers day a little happier when they are deployed. Before you know graduation day will be here for your son. He looks slim but he will sure be slim after basic and in great shape too. I often think they should have Mom's go to training to get into shape:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. You do have a lot to look forward to. He sure is a handsome young man and I can see why you are so proud of him. Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I turned on the computer and there was a picture of Kale! It's good to see him. :) Time will fly. We'll eat lots of hamburgers and ice cream this summer. We need a girls trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute couple! So glad you got word about times to go visit him. That will be such a fun trip! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Twyla from Two Crazy Crafters directed me to your blog. My Son left on April 30th for Army basic training. He was in reception until Friday May 8th. He is at Fort Benning GA, where is your Son? I miss him so much. I have got 4 letters now and just finally got a address to mail him yesterday so sent off 6 letters I had written him since he left. I look forward to reading your blog. I hope you are doing ok, I know it's tough. Mother's Day was very hard.
    Hugs,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete