Sunday, August 16, 2009

As you know who would say....
"I'M BAAAAACK!"
Sorry for my absence.....With my son's basic training winding down, I was truly distracted mentally and emotionally and could really think of little else!
But, I sit here today, and can finally say that my precious baby boy has finished and survived basic training and is now a soldier in the U.S. Army!! Can I get an "AMEN!"

'You don't raise heros, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heros, even if it's just in your own eyes."
There are no words that can begin to describe how - in my own eyes, and to the very core of my being - proud I am of my son!

We had a whirlwind trip to Fort Benning, Georgia! We left on Wednesday, August 12th, drove for 14 hours, had his Turning Blue Ceremony on Thursday, his Graduation Ceremony on Friday and by 10:45 a.m. we were back on the road for another 14 hour drive back home! Over 28 hours on the road in just 3 days....this fifty something mother was exhausted!

I did just want to share a few pictures from his Turning Blue Ceremony! You know that I will have to post about his graduation later!
This was the view as we walked into Kanell Field for his Turning Blue Ceremony!



There were speeches by commanders and prayers by the chaplain as they stood in formation prepared to receive their blue cord that signifies there induction into the Infantry. My son, Kale, is the third from the right.While we waited we were able to get a picture of Drill Sergeant Brownlee with my daughter Erin and Kale's girlfriend Kacey. We even got his autograph for Kale in a book that told about his experiences while in boot camp. The girls thought that he was HOT, HOT, HOT!!! Girls..put that clevage away LOL!!!Family members were then allowed on the field to place the cord onto their soldier! Boy, were my hands shaking! This is Pvt. Williams (my son) and Pvt. Warner - not sure who that is lurking in the back!
Back in formation.....induction into the Infantry complete!!

Then we were able to have a day pass with our soldiers. We didn't do to much! Hung around the hotel - I think that I was even able to sneak in a nap while the kids went swimming!
Will tell you about his broken foot - got that during FTX and how his return home was jeopardized by his name of all things!!
Girls....It's good to be back!!!
I just want normal back, if that's even possible!
BIG HUGS,
Cindy

4 comments:

  1. Cindy, It's so very nice to see you back! I can certainly understand how you would be so proud of Kale! He looked so handsome and happy. Sorry to hear of his broken foot. Hope everything will be okay. Have a wonderful week! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back.
    Just so you know that is Private Jones lurking in the background. ;-)
    You have every reason to be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I missed this post! I'm so proud of him too! We missed Kale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you got to see Kale graduate. I hope his foot is healed soon. Will that delay him going back? Where will he be stationed? I posted some pictures from graduation, our Sons were on the same field at the same time : )
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete